2014年5月1日 星期四

2014-05-01 Livestock Spotlight

My heart almost stopped when I saw this clam...
Yes, I have a thing for clam. In fact it was when I laid my eyes on the giant clams in display in Waikiki aquarium that made me fell in love with this hobby.
http://www.pacificeastaquaculture.com
maxima clam
maxima clam as seen on Pacific East Aquaculture
This is a 5" Tahitian Maxima clam with golden turquoise leopard spotted mantle.
To keep this claim, please have nothing short of Metal Halide (at least 250W, 400W preferred) or LED. You will also need adequate calcium level (400+), 8.3pH, and slightly dirty water (nutrient rich) so the clam can feed on the nitrate and phosphate in it.
Believe me, if I have room in my tank I would have snatched this up in a heartbeat!
But at the moment my tank is a bit crowded with an 8"Squamosa, 8"Derasa, and 7"Squamosa...
and are all growing rapidly.

沒有留言:

張貼留言

All comments with the intention to educate and improve the aquarium hobby are welcome!